In the United States, Gong cha opened its first California store in 2013. Since then, we’ve rapidly increased our customer following and have opened 17 stores in California plus 17 in New York, New Jersey and Texas to keep up with the demand for our quality drinks and stellar reputation.
- Tea sourced from the finest Taiwan tea estates
- Strict quality control for all ingredients by Gong cha Headquarters
- Fresh Tea brewed every 4 hours
- Pearl (bubbles) cooked to perfection every 4 hours
- In house research & development that launches products every quarter
When you become a Gong cha franchise owner, you enjoy the following benefits of this business:
- Fast transaction and turnaround of drink products, higher volume for units sold
- Systematic and clean kitchen operation
- Cost effective raw materials since same ingredients can be used for multiple recipes
- Corporate provides centralized marketing campaigns and promotion (digital and in store) that is consistent with the brand
As a master franchisor, it’s our mission to help our franchise partners become successful business owners and for Gong cha brand to continue to prosper.
- Our in-house operation and logistics provides our Franchisees with the training tools that they need to open a store.
- Having a local warehouse saves time and cost for shipment.
- A franchise department that handles franchisee questions, feedback and concerns plus continually provide support.
As we continue to expand throughout California, we are excited to reach new markets and serve more customers. In particular, we are looking to accelerate our growth in Southern California.
If you are in the following areas, we are looking for qualified franchisees to grow with us today!
LA County, San Diego County, Riverside County, San Luis Obispo county, Santa Barbara county, Ventura county, San Bernardino county, and other locations in the Bay Area
Cost & Requirements
MINIMUM FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
Single Unit Franchise
Liquid Assets $250,000
$30,000 per unit developed.
Due upon joining the Gong cha Franchise;
Development Estimated Cost
$220,000 and up estimated costs;
Actual costs depend on site size, location, and condition.
Royalty Fee 6% Sales
Marketing Fee 2% Sales
“Gong cha has been very supportive of our team making it ‘super’ easy for our team to open multiples stores. Their team is very selective in choosing franchisees that share common values they upheld in making Gong cha a known well respected brand with ‘quality’ in mind.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Gong cha?
Gong cha stands for “Royal Tea” in Chinese. It’s an international beverage franchise specializing in tea, coffee, and juice.
How many company-owned stores does Gong cha have in CA?
21 stores as of June, 2018 with more coming!
Disclaimer: Information made available through this web site regarding the Gong cha franchise opportunity is for general information only and is not intended to be a franchise offer. Offers are made only after delivery of an effective Franchise Disclosure Document in compliance with applicable federal and state laws. None of the communications made through this web site should be construed as an offer to sell any Gong cha franchises in, nor is any such communication directed to the residents of, any jurisdiction requiring registration of the franchise before it is offered and sold in that jurisdiction. No Gong cha franchises will be sold to any resident of such jurisdiction until the offering has been exempted from the requirements of, or duly registered in and declared effective by, such jurisdiction and the required Franchise Disclosure Document has been delivered to the prospective franchisee before the sale in compliance with applicable law.
Pre-Disclosure: Assuming you qualify as a Gong cha prospective franchisee, we may provide you with a Franchise Disclosure Document in hard copy or electronic format. If the Franchise Disclosure Document is furnished electronically, it will be provided in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. You must use the Adobe Acrobat program in order to open and view this type of electronic file.